After having a few eggs this morning…I needed something sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth, so I grabbed a banana! Here are some cool facts about bananas for you health people out there…and for the non health people who just want to the know what the heck their putting in their mouths.
(Muscles)…Not only are bananas rich in vitamin C, they also contain potassium. Potassium is a mineral that helps in the building of muscles and protein synthesis. This is done as potassium stimulates nerve impulses for muscle contraction.
(Energy)...Bananas contain three natural sugars, sucrose, fructose and glucose along with fiber. A banana thus gives an instant and substantial boost of energy.
(Health)…The Vitamin C, which is found in bananas, helps the body to defend and heal against infections. This vitamin also proves valuable in the synthesis of the connective tissue, absorption of iron and the formation of blood.
- The word banana is derived from the Arab word “banan,” which means finger.
- Bananas are harvested green because they keep ripening even after they are picked.
- Unlike most other fruits that grow on trees, bananas grow on plants.
- An average American is said to consume more than 28 pounds of bananas every year.
- Brisbane holds the world record for the longest banana split, which measured 7.3 kilometers.
- 3 medium bananas would weigh about a pound.
- Despite that fact that bananas love a tropical climate, they are grown in Iceland too, by heating the soil with geysers.